Annual Martha’s Vineyard African American Film Festival
Developed media relations plan and activities leading up to MVAAFF’s week-long annual film festival; as well as onsite engagement.
Developed multi-tiered media relations program engaging a broad spectrum of media and influencers to unveil two news scents and introduce new media to existing brand collections.
- Day-to-day pitching and one-on-one interview with producers of the MVAAFF
- Local and trade press release distribution
- Served as liaison between sponsors, film producers & representatives on behalf of MVAAFF
- Onsite management i.e., photographer, videographer step and repeat, speakers, front/back of house
- PR engagement start date required additional lead time for strategic planning and outreach
- Location not the easiest to travel from various locations
- Access to talent was limited based on schedules plus Covid sensitivities
KEY RESULTS (across online and broadcast outlets):
- 2018 – Generated 346M earned media impressions
- 2019 – Generated 88M earned media impressions
- 2021 – Generated 429M earned media impressions
- Secured featured placements in Boston Globe, People.com, Page Six, BlackEnterprise.com, Deadline, Washington Post, Martha’s Vineyard Times, US Weekly, Ebony, Daily Mail, Essence and more.